Detoxing is great for the body. However there is detox, and there is detox. Let me explain. More often than not, the word detox connotes drinking green sludges, water and being hungry. This is not the kind I am speaking of. The detox I am speaking of is one that works from the outside in, and one that certainly will not leave you hungry. At the heart of this very unique detox is a special homemade cellulite cream that rids the body of cellulite in a few short weeks, revealing clear smooth skin.
Cellulite In A Nutshell
Cellulite forms when there are toxins and fat deposits resting just below the surface of the skin. Increasing circulation in areas where cellulite is present will help flush these toxins and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Increased circulation will also help stimulate cell turnover for healthier looking skin. Massages, body scrubs, and even certain physical exercises can help toward this end. Pair these techniques with our homemade cream and bring it all together.
Making Your Own Homemade Cellulite Cream
An important part of this cream is the use of skin nourishing essential oils like rosemary, cypress, grapefruit and more. The recipe and methodology are as follows:
- 30 drops Grapefruit Oil
- 30 drops Cypress Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary oil
- 10 drops Juniper oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved beeswax
- 3 tablespoons Witch Hazel
- ¾ cup Coconut Oil
- Mix together the witch hazel with all the essential oils (not including the coconut oil). Continue stirring until there is an even, smooth blend
- Using a low flame (low heat), melt the shaved beeswax and then add coconut oil (if it is not already in liquefied form)
- Add the liquefied coconut oil, beeswax mixture to the your blended essential oils (step 1) to create the final mixture, and then store this mixture in a resealable jar in a cool dry place.
How This Homemade Remedy Works
The active ingredients in this homemade remedy are the potent essential oils, many of which work to improve circulation. Each essential oil has its own unique function within the process of flushing away cellulite. Consider the following benefits and functions:
- Juniper oil for example is great at stimulating and improving circulation.
- Rosemary increases blood flow throughout the body and flushes the lymphatic system. This reduces water retention over time and makes the appearance of cellulite increasingly less visible.
- Both grapefruit and Cyprus oils effectively improve circulation, flushes toxins from the skin, and reduces water retention.
- The witch hazel is added to the mixture to help refine and tighten the look and feel of the skin. This makes it appear smoother, even toned, and less prone to cellulite.
- Coconut oil and beeswax both work as a moisturizing base in the mixture, serving to nourish and keep skin hydrated.
This homemade cream is applied topically. That is, directly to the skin of affected areas. It should be massaged into areas of the skin affected by cellulite. It should be used twice a day (morning and before bed) and usually right after showering when the pores are more receptive.