There are many effective skin whitening techniques available to you to help achieve lighter, fairer skin in a few short weeks.
They can either be through the intake of certain foods, pills or supplements, or through topical creams and lotions, as well as treatments and procedures like bleaching, peeling and many more.
Depending on the gravity of the damage on the affected areas of your skin, you can choose which skin whitening option you would like to pursue.
There are always pros and cons, so it is best to consult with a skin doctor.
Laser surgery is a popular option because you can get results very fast. However, the risks involved are also to be considered, as with all surgical or operational procedures. Aside from it being quite on the expensive side, you also need to have post-procedural care and recurring check-ups for maintenance purposes.
If you prefer cheaper alternatives, you may opt to go with topical creams and solutions. These can come from either natural or pharmaceutical sources. It is debatable which is the more effective skin whitening route to take , as everybody will have a different reaction to the chemicals.
Here are some of the more popular options available for you:
- Alpha Arbutin – A botanical gel that is affordable and widely available and
- Kojic acid – Derived from certain types of fungi, considered very effective
- Cyperus rotundus root extract – Contains phytochemicals that fight free-radicals.
- Protein from sheep’ wool – When combined with the above-mentioned root extract can
help with skin cell regeneration.
- Manuka Honey – Honey made from the nectar of the manuka tree, has effective
antibacterial properties and is commonly used for skin
- Avocado oil – From the avocado fruit, used to treat skin acne as well as
relieve dry skin.
Popular Effective Skin Whitening Brands.
Some popular brands of skin care and whitening products have been proven to be clinically effective. They are the following:
- Cynergy TK extract – Products made from wool keratin and manuka honey.
- Extrapone Nutgrass root – Used for skin whitening and age-spot removal.
- Lightenex – Skin whitening products specially designed for the non-
Effective skin whitening products can come in a variety of forms such as creams, lotions, ointments and even pills. They utilize both natural extracts and essences that contain anti-oxidants to fight aging caused by free-radicals and stress. They also contain melanin-inhibitors that lessen the amount of melanin produced by the body.
Melanin gives the skin its pigment, so the less melanin you have, the lighter and fairer your skin will be. These topical chemicals and substances are popular alternatives to abrasive skin treatments like peeling and exfoliation simply because it is less painful and considerably more affordable.
Creams and ointments generally take longer to produce results compared to more aggressive procedures like laser treatments. They need to penetrate deep enough into the layers of the skin, so daily application is required. To hasten the results, it helps to take vitamin C and E as well as other skin whitening pills to boost the effects of the chemicals being applied on the skin.