Usually appearing in the hips and back of the thighs and buttocks, cellulite is a problem that many women loathe. Cellulite is unsightly, unattractive and as a result can be a source of distress, discomfort and low or decreased self-confidence among the women it affects. As such, any method that is effective in reducing or completely removing the appearance of cellulite is welcomed. Of course, even better are cellulite reduction or removal options or methods that are non-invasive, natural and can be done from the comfort of one’s own home.
Coffee Scrub For Cellulite Does It Work
Effective beauty treatments and remedies need not be very expensive or hard to come by. In fact, that secret beauty treatment you are looking for may already be within your reach. In the case of the increasingly popular coffee cellulite scrub, your answer is already in your kitchen. The coffee scrub for cellulite remedy is easy to make, easy to use and only requires about 15 minutes of your time. Here is how it works:
Things You Will Need (Ingredients):
- Olive Oil
- Coffee Grounds (1/2 cup)
- Brown Sugar (1/4 cup)
- A Bowl
- A Shower/Bathtub or other area where you can comfortably and privately rinse the affected areas.
What To Do (Directions And Method):
- Gather your ingredients
- Create the coffee scrub by combining the 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of coffee grounds in your bowl
- Pre-treat the affected area with olive oil by rubbing it into the skin
- Apply the scrub to your problem area (which you would have already treated with olive oil). Keep applying by moving your hands in a circular motion, much like applying facial and other body scrubs.
- Finally, rinse the affected area to get rid of the scrub
Why This Works
The active ingredient in the coffee scrub for cellulite is the caffeine in the coffee grounds. When the scrub is applied, and comes in direct contact with affected skin, the caffeine metabolizes the fat and liquids in the skin — removing both through/from the skin. This removal of fat and liquids in turn reduces the appearance of cellulite on the area that the remedy is applied.
Tips And Best Practices
– For feasibility, this scrub is best applied in the shower/bathtub. This makes it easy to complete all the steps without creating a very big mess.
– This remedy should be applied several times weekly (on a consistent basis) to see results.
Weighing The Pros And Cons
Some of the benefits of the cellulite coffee scrub include:
- Affordable ingredients which are easy to find.
- The scrub is easy to make, and can also be applied quickly and easily
- The process is private, non-invasive and can be done in/on one’s own time.
- Making and applying the scrub takes no more than about 15 minutes.
- The scrub is effective
The disadvantages or drawbacks of using this recipe are not many – which is a plus in itself. However, there is still one major drawback. That is:
– This product must be used continually in order for you to continue seeing the results you are likely to enjoy from using the remedy. Results are by no means permanent, even though they can be long lasting. However long the results last after discontinued use varies from one woman to the next. This is because there are a myriad of factors that can affect this. Such factors include, diet, exercise, genes, skin and other underlying or pre-existing health or physical conditions, general self-care and so forth.
Other Tips And Tidbits
As previously stated, there are factors that can (and usually does) affect the appearance of cellulite even with the best of topical treatments. As such, women should be careful to do or pay attention to the following:
- Employing healthy skin care practices
- Increasing fruit and vegetable intake
- Reduce one’s intake of fatty and processed foods, opting for healthier options where possible
- Getting enough physical exercise – usually 30 minutes four to five times a week is the recommended minimum